What is a Certified Legal Nurse ConsultantCM (CLNC®)?
- A CLNC is a registered nurse who has successfully mastered the rigorous CLNC Certification Program developed by the company that pioneered the field of legal nurse consulting. The CNCL has the expertise to quickly pinpoint and interpret medical and nursing issues in any case involving health, illness or injury.
Why do attorneys need CLNC’s?
- While the attorney is the legal expert, the CLNC is the expert on the healthcare system and its inner workings. Nowhere else will the legal profession have access to this level of cost-effective expertise for reviewing medical records and understanding and communicating the terminology and subtleties of the healthcare system.
When should attorneys call a CLNC?
- From the moment a potential case comes in, the CLNC becomes an invaluable asset by identifying the medical issues, screening the case for merit, making sense out of voluminous amounts of cryptic medical records and providing over 30 other CLNC services relevant to the case.
Why should attorneys consult with a CLNC if they’re already using an MD?
- The physician expert would still be used for expert testimony about a specific disease, the services of a CLNC are far more wide-ranged than those of a physician. Because RNs are the only healthcare providers who are face-to-face with the patient every day, the CLNC can educate attorneys about a wide range of health related issues, standards of care, inner workings of a hospital and managed care institutions. The CLNC saves time and money otherwise spent on expensive medical experts.
What makes Legal Nurse Consultant distinct?
- As licensed registered nurses, legal nurse consultants bring specialized healthcare education and clinical experience to the medically related issues of the litigation process. This education and experience distinguishes legal nurse consultants from paralegals and legal assistants and provides the foundation for the legal nurse consultant’s ability to recognize, interpret and analyze all relevant medically related information in a claim or case.
Can a CLNC help attorneys locate testifying experts?
- Yes, as insiders in the healthcare system, CLNC’s work with and have access to MD's and RN's representing every medical and nursing specialty, as well as forensic experts nationwide that are qualified to testify. Many CLNC’s are also available to testify as an expert in certain areas and have access to other CLNC’s who are experts in other fields.